Friday, February 25, 2011

Spitter's Sure Keep Me Busy...

Y'all are probably tired of hearing about my spitter's and the ups and downs of having spitter's as pets.  I feel for you and don't blame you one bit if you just quit reading this post 'cuz it's about spitter's.  The good.  The bad. The ugly, what used to be pretty, spitter's.

The good:  This has to do with Frick and Frack.  Do you remember them?  They are the latest addition in the spitter arena... not counting makeovers and head reattachments.  That would be them just to the right of these words. 

I was standing by the dining table looking at the pond... maybe just daydreaming... and got to thinking about Frick and Frack.  I was asking myself when the water suppy to these guys would deice enough for the water to start flowing.  So I moved over to where I could see them and would you believe I see water squirting in the air?  Here's a hearty WELCOME BACK to Frick and Frack.

The bad:  Well, there really isn't anything bad.  I just put that in the first paragraph because it felt necessary when talking about The Good and The Ugly.  Just how I am... just how I am.

The Ugly:  This is really bad... er, I mean ugly.  It's about Alejandro our gay spitter.  Remember the makeover s/he got back in December?  No?  Look here.  I thought she was beautiful... once the makeover was complete.  Well not so fast there four eyes... it would appear Alejandro has developed some kind of dandruff or peeling disease. 

As you can see, the dandruff or peeling disease is upon us and it seems to have progressed to a point where treatment such as touch-up or similar band-aids are beyond consideration.  About the only thing that is still looking good are the eye lashes... I really like them.

It's very sad to see her looking so -- well, so used -- so abused.  She reminds me of an old hooker down on B Street that hasn't figured out that time has passed her by.  Of course Alejandro is functional and will fill the pond as required once the freezing weather is over and I turn on the sprinklers.  But she is ugggggly.

I had purchased the finest quality outdoor latex paint that money could buy.  I'll be I spent $5.00 or maybe even $6.00 on this paint job and just look at it.  I'm thinking that I'll have to blast all the newly added paint and start anew.  So we will have to have a re-makeover... I guess we've all been there at one time or another.

Maybe this next time I should start with a sealer?  An oil based sealer maybe?  Would that give the exterior paint a better grip so it won't peel?  Maybe I need to seal the outside with some kind of clear coat?  I have to confess I just don't know what I need to do to make the paint job last.  BUT... I'm open to suggestions.  So if you know about this stuff or know someone who knows about this stuff I sure would appreciate a "heads up" on the painting process for yard art... er, I mean spitter makeover applications.

Stay tuned y'all.

whoohoo

2 comments:

Janine said...

I don't know about paint issues; however, I think you should go "drag" a bit more. Perhaps a little Cher gown or Tina Turner hair. Just thinking you've done flashy and now you should go gawdy tacky flashy!! hahahaha

Kirk said...

She looks good for someone over the hill and past their prime. She just needs a good face lift.. Plastic surgery may help a bit, if she feels she needs to lure other spitters to the pond. If she is comforable with herself, just some extra make up (paint) and let her show off her age and scars. Either way, everyone likes to be pampared sometimes.