Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring... Ahhhh Spring

Spring is my favorite time of year.

It's early for it to be spring but it's got to happen sometime.  The calendar still shows it to be winter but my aches and pains say spring has sprung. 

Why do I think it's spring... let me count the ways:
  • I had to put on shorts today as my sweat pants made me... yep, sweat.
  • I used 2 as in two sweat towels today.
  • I started a project that requires a wheelbarrow and shovel.
  • I killed my first mosquito of 2011.
  • The lily pads we planted last year are sending up... are you ready... lily pads.
  • Leo the leo-pard frog has appeared again.  This time with better color.
  • Broke out my wide brimmed sun hat.
  • Put the snow shovel away for the season.
  • Turned on the irrigation system so Alejandro F. can and does do his/her job.
  • Cleaned algae out of the V-pan which is part of the detention area next to my house... someone has to do it.
  • I had to spray the honeysuckles with dormant oil.
  • Daylight saving time starts this weekend.
There are probably other reasons it's spring but that's all that comes to mind at the moment. 
So Happy SPRING!

Whoohoo

1 comment:

Kirk said...

It appears to me that the seasons always come before they are scheduled to on the calander, winter always arrives before winter is supposed to start. I wonder if the person who set up the calander just missed the seasons.