Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Proctologist vs. Urologist

In reference to the recent posts concerning Alejandro F.'s hosectomy; I've been told the type of doctor that takes care of prostate problems is a Urologist and not a Proctologist although I doubt if either would actually take on the disgusting job chronicled in these aforementioned posts.  I do believe the constructive criticism was accurate. 

I did take the time to re-educate myself on the area's of expertise in these areas of medicine.  Written in the sacred dictionary is the following:

Proctology:  The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the colon, rectum, and anus.

Urology: The branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the urinary tract and urogenital system.

I guess the reason I got confused was the time I went to a Proctologist he put a thing called a sigmoidoscope right up there where the sun don't shine.  Then when I was at the Urologist I guess he couldn't find his sigmoidoscope so he just used his finger.  I can't imagine why I would get confused about who does what!  Heck, it's not like I can see what they're doing back there (thank my lucky stars).

So PLEASE accept my humble apology for using the wrong doctor to perform Alejandro F.'s hosectomy.  It wasn't intentional. 

Click for the: Proctologist Song         

By the way, the hosectomy and re-attachment procedure was a complete success.  Not a drop of water to be seen so far with 3 observation sessions to date.  I love it when a plan comes together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter that you had the wrong Octologist because proctologist made the whole blog funnier. It would have lost its "pissazz" if you'ld gone any other way. J9