Monday, May 9, 2011

Procreate... Sing IT!

It's that time of year again when the frogs and toads want to procreate.  There is no getting around this procreation business as it's one of the most basic of Mother Nature's Laws. 

I got to thinking that my fan out there might just enjoy a listen to the sounds of spring for those lucky enough to have toads and frogs this time of year. 

Click the arrow below to hear what Leo the Leopard Frog sounds like as he advertises his presence and credentials for a mate.







Click the arrow below to hear what the Woodhouse's Toads sound like as they advertise for a mate and stake out territory in the pond.








For most, this "noise" is just irritating and intrusive but for a true amphibian lover this is music to their ears.  I lay awake at night listening to the frogs and toads sing their songs of spring... their songs of love.  Why you may ask...

Of course your awake at night... Could you sleep with all this racket going on... I mean... really!

Whoohoo!

3 comments:

Janine said...

I am going to incorporate those toad screams into my nightmares now. I just know it. Uhg!! I don't think I could sleep either. I'd be on a toad hunt.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine said...

I played the "songs" for the boys and they got all excited about using their shotgun! Need help falling asleep?