Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beauty Sleep?

The previous post told the tale about Joe picking up breakfast.  Shortly after scoring food Joe disappeared to her safe haven under the bridge.  She didn't come out for the rest of the day.

On Monday I expected her to be out and about but she wasn't to be seen.  Finally I stuck my head under the bridge and found her lounging around like a rock.  Relieved that that B-52 or Blue Heron hadn't also found a meal.   I left her alone.

Later Monday afternoon I saw Joe had crawled out from the shade of the bridge and was sunning herself.  It would have been a great picture so I went back to the house to get my camera.  As I approached her I switched the camera on and I guess the start-up sounds it makes spooked her as she jumped and fled back under the bridge.  That was the last sighting of Joe on Monday.

This morning Joe was back on station as the sun peeked over the Grand Mesa.  After 2 days of rest and digestion she looked ready to even the "score" to 2-all.

Once again I was at the table reading my novel, drinking coffee and semi-watching Joe and the circus.  I missed the drama but saw the movement of Joe on the flat stone near Joe's Station.  She had caught breakfast.  That was fast I thought. 

Her breakfast must have been pretty small as she remained on station apparently finished with the appetizer and looking for the main course.

No comments: