Sunday, June 28, 2009

Joe is MIA AGAIN!!!

On Thursday morning Joe was sunning herself in the Bridge Pond. I took that opportunity to introduce Joe to the lady who cleans our house. I don't think either one of them were impressed.

It must have pissed Joe off that I was bringing a strange woman around because I haven't seen Joe since then.

Of course she has done this in the past...Joe, not the cleaning woman... just a few weeks ago was the last time. I'm still holding out that she will return but as more and more time passes more and more of my optimism leaks out of my belly button leaving what looks like a snail trail. Not pretty... not pretty at all.

In the mean time I did capture a Batch I toadpole and inspected it's rear for legs. Yep, they be grow'n. Probably about 1/8th of an inch now. Still looks like a thin straight tube growing from right next to the tail. No sign of feet yet... or knees for that matter. These little guys have become very paranoid in their old age.. what, maybe 6, 7 weeks? They are getting hard to catch.

We also started using the "NEW" and cheaper bird seed this morning. The birdies seemed to love it. I hope it stays that way as it's cheaper than what we were using.

That's the news direct from my backyard.

No comments: