Thursday, June 10, 2010

Half a Toad Couple

Yesterday we were visited by a Woodhouse's Toad (AKA Rocky Mountain Toad).   I was thinking the toads were not going to show up this year... Whew!  Now we have half a couple.  I haven't heard any evening serenade's but since I've only spotted a single toad maybe there isn't anyone to try and woo or a rival to bluster.  I'll try and be patient.

This toad showed up about a month later than the toads did last year.  The reason might possibly be the very cold winter, the colder than usual spring or both.  Whatever the reason at least now we have a hope we may have toadlets by July or August.

Aren't y'all excited?

Whoohoo...

1 comment:

Janine said...

Yes!! I sit on my porch and hear the frogs up here go crazy and whenever I go frog hunting I never can find one. I would love to have my own toad to observe. What a nice gift to have every spring.