Thursday, June 24, 2010

Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow, Hypertufa-Wow-Wow

"Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow" is a 1962 novelty nonsensical doo-wop song by The Rivingtons. If you don't know what doo-wap is then your probably very young and inexperienced in the ways of the world. Right, sure, anything you say 'ol man. OK I admit 1962 was 48 years ago... To me that seems like just last week. I was about 14 and invincible, had my first job at $0.93/hr, ready to move up a grade in school. Life was sweet (I can't help myself but to say, if I only knew then what I know now).

So why bring up doo-wap and that dopey titled song? Because, grasshopper (another reference to times of pre-gray hair) I wanted to tell about my new hypertufa pot, not trough, and was trying to be a little entertaining. Can you say that again? I didn't quite hear you. I said, little is right... very little in the entertainment genre.

OK, I'll quit B.S.'n and just put up the pictures.

Note the face and the little guy seems to be wearing a hat.

From this angle you can see he also has rocks in his head.
I was trying to explain to my granddaughter that you can't always get things right the first time you try to make something.  Sometimes you have go keep trying and then you will get better and better each time you try.  She gave me the look!

My next hypertufa creation will be in color...  Stay tuned boys and girls.

Whoohoo!

No comments: