Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pond Pump Project Update

It's done! 

Since my last post about the "Pond Pump Project" I received my pump and then immediately moved on to plan "B."  Plan "B" was to extend the width of the pump hole. It's funny how things look when you envision them versus the reality of the finished product.

How the pump area looked before the new pump.
I found the pump fit in the hole OK but once in there I just didn't have enough room to get everything connected.  I knocked out the bricks on one end and got out my trusty orange shovel and with one more wheel barrow trip up the hill I have excavated another 8 or 9 inches of the hole.  This allowed me to slide the pump farther away from the skimmer and return pipe.

As you can see there isn't a lot of difference in the before and after.  It's kind of  disheartening to work so hard on an improvement and not have much to show for it
How the pump area looked after the new pump. 
The difference will be realized, I hope, next year when the string algae finds it harder live in my pond.

With almost all the work done (just a few nits to take care of) here is the detail of what is now living under my fake rock.

It must be one of Murphy's Laws that a large space becomes very small once you put something in it. None the less, the pump fits, the fake rock covers and protects the contents of the   
Pump Hole and there are no leaks. Let's hope the no leak statement doesn't have to be retracted. Inside this hole we have the Performance Pro High Flow 3/4 HP pump, the sprinkler controller that is used to insure the pond filler can't go crazy and flood the pond, the sprinkler valve and last but by no means least, is the hose that leads to Hector the spitter.

It's all compact and neat.  I'm like'n the way it turned out.

Of course if there are any problems or issues arising I'll be posting those little tid-bits of information on this very blog.

Whoohoo!!

No comments: