Thursday, August 19, 2010

All We're Missing is the Earthquake!

For the second time this week we are beset with heavy rain, strong as in very strong wind and a decent lightening storm.

On Monday our little town received the most rain since 1901. It was coming down in sheets and pillowcases. It was raining so hard I had to pull over as I couldn't see past the end of my truck. It was raining so hard I considered taking the boat. It was raining so hard the birds were turning their nests upside down and using them for umbrellas. Ya kinda get'n the idea it was raining hard?

The next day, that would be Tuesday, it was sunny and warm. Wednesday was partly cloudy but still nice.

This morning I woke early to find it was raining. It rained off and on all day. A little sun. A few clouds, Then some rain.. a little sun... My kind of day.

About 2 hours ago the wind started to blow and the rain came down again. I was having flashbacks to Monday. Stuff was flying through the yard and not even stopping to kiss the earth. Plant pots were blown over. The trash cans were rolling around. The tumble weeds were moving so fast if one hit you it would knock you down, not to mention stick you with those nasty nettles. I thought the roof was going to blow off.

And then there was a gift from the winds. A blue tarp blew into our backyard from points south and west. I now own a 4th tarp and never bought a single one.

Guess there was a pony in there somewhere!

1 comment:

Janine said...

Yee-Haw!! I know about heavy rains this year. We brought in a truck load of road base (17,460lb. to be exact) to fix our driveway from all the washout damage and we could easily use another load. Any major flooding? Thank goodness you don't have a basement!