Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Can Name That Frog in 7 Letters

Just when I though we were through with toads and frogs for the season, who shows up?  I didn't know.  He wasn't wearing a name tag.  I did get his picture so maybe you recognize him.


I did find out this frogs clan.  He is a Leopard Frog.  I guess they were naming Leopard Frogs long before they had camouflage clothing as that was my first guess for this guy... a Camouflage Frog.  OK, so your mind doesn't work like mine... we can still be friends.

Ginger noticed him swimming in the skimmer pond gave a holler for me to come see.  I was fortunate enough to get a few pictures before he tired of the attention and took a dive.  Haven't seen him since.

I still find it fascinating that we have all these aquatic creatures in the high desert.

Whoohoo.