Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 Days Old

They are growing fast. Their eyes aren't open yet but they are getting stronger each day. I went to snap a picture while mom was away and I guess a couple of the chicks sensed my presence and wanted food from the lens of my camera and thus this picture.

Out of the mass of fuzz rise the bottomless pits, looking like mouths agape, awaiting the goo-food mom and dad provide.  
When I returned to my station behind the curtain Mr. Finch came to the nest and fed the chicks without the help from his Mrs.

Whoohoo!!!


1 comment:

Janine said...

You're so brave to sneak in there! What if Mama and Papa go beserk and attack your head?! You never know what might happen when it comes to babies. Little birds attack big birds all the time! The lowest bird looks like he has a caterpillar on his back. hee hee