Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Presenting: Humpty Dumpty Falls

It's a bunch of bull. It doesn't work. What was I think'n to even try... I'm talking about the nitrite gloves over hands slathered in petroleum jelly. It didn't even loosen up the yucky "pucky." About the only good thing was my hands were moisturized and soft but that went away as soon as I finished scrubbing them to get the Vaseline off. Once again the pumice stone used for removing calluses worked pretty good. This time I was careful not to over-scrub and didn't do like last time and remove skin enough to bleed.

Speaking of soft skin reminds me of a story. You need to know I have enough forehead for four heads. That is to say, I'm bald. A chrome dome. Follicularly challenged. Years ago a guy I worked with came into my office and ran his hand across my shinny pate and said, "Hummm smooth as my wife's butt." I looked at him and then ran my hand across that very same shinny pate and said, "Hummm, your right!" Ha... well it was funny when it happened.

Enough of this dilly dally and on to the subject of today's blog.


Here it is, Humpty Dumpty Falls in operation. In operation until I start rearranging rocks in the bridge pond. I need to take care of things like that ugly white PVC pipe that you see above and to the right of the falls. It won't be as drastic as tearing out old falls and creating new. I just need to get rocks to cover the pond liner and things like the PVC pipe. Probably a days work... no more than two.

Now isn't that a fine looking pergola? I have to say I love it because I made it. No help from anyone except I had the neighbor help me carry in a 16 foot 6X6 pressure treated post.

This picture is about the same as the one above but just not zoomed in on the falls.

I am glad it's done and feel lucky that it turned out as well as it did. The water level in the bridge pond is exactly were it was before. That was my biggest worry. I'll take luck over skill any day!

I've started a new blog that I hope will take me through the winter. It's Jims Bird Blog. There isn't much to see there right now but I'm working on it when I have time. I'll have the link listed under "My Other Blog Attempts" soon. Once Joe really finds torpidity there won't be much to put into the frog blog until the spring of 2009.

No comments: