Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why I Work Half Fast...

Today I rediscovered why I have to work with only 1 hand. It has to do with balance which has to do with my center of gravity. Say I bend over to pickup a rock, if I put one hand down to balance myself then I can pick up the rock. If I don't put a hand down to balance myself I fall on my face. You don't have to do this too many times before you decide something needs to change. So I put a hand down to balance myself. Since I only have two hands I figure my productivity is cut in half. Since I'm only working half fast it takes longer to get things done.

I had started working on the waterfall that flows into the bridge pond on Thursday. I tore down the old one which was easy because it was falling apart. I found that one pond liner stopped at the waterfall and the other began at the waterfall so I was able to peel back the layers of pond liner to make a secure base for the falls. I put in cinder blocks and foamed the whole thing so it wouldn't move. Then I laid the stones to make the falls. This afternoon I started to refill the pond. It got dark so I shut off the water and will finish filling the pond on Monday.

While I'm sure the person who follows this blog is waiting with ant's in their pants to see a picture of the new waterfall I have to get the pump going before it looks like a waterfall.

I haven't seen Joe since I saw her hop'n along... I hope she is around but I can't say as I blame her if she left... ever hear of a sail frog?

Now you have something to look forward to. Yep, pictures on Monday.

No comments: