Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Joe!

I wanted to make a dramatic statement. You know, something that would jump out and grab your attention. Rivet you to the monitor. Tense your muscles. Hold your breath. And then, at just the right moment, I would spring it on you.  This is what you get though.....

JOE HAS RETURNED!

Oh she looks good. She has lost weight and appears to be ready to take on the world. She is obviously hungry as she has been hanging around Joe's Station all morning. I suspect it will take a few days for her to get into the swing of things. What few attempts at bird catching this morning were only half hearted and resulted in nothing but scaring the birds away.

I was up before the sun this morning (as usual). As the sun started to chase the darkness away I went to the kitchen to make coffee. I glanced out the window and spied her right away. Those 2 beady eyes above the water line. No doubts. I knew right away our heroine had returned.

You can't accuse my backyard of being boring. With the toads and then the toadlet's. The birds to include raptors of all sizes. Now the Queen of the pond, Ms. Bull Frog USA, JOE. Geez, what more could you ask for?

 Well, Ginger did say she saw a snake over by the skimmer this morning.....





   

          Welcome Home Joe!

No comments: